A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is actually a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is actually irregular in shape and appears like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is a result of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is famous in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the Agaricus Blazei Extract is an immune booster, a great digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is actually a compressive listing of Chaga mushroom proven health benefits.
1. Prevention and therapy for cancer – The active compound in the Chaga mushroom posseses an essential role in prevention and management of cancer, in accordance with research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are among the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the immunity mechanism to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting the body to battle against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the defense mechanisms through producing immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s capability to differentiate between foreign cells and also the body’s cells; thus improving the accuracy of the immunity mechanism in addressing invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays a vital role in preventing allergy symptoms by improving the body to recognise its cells more accurately; as a result it cannot fight against its cells. In case reducing the likelihood of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in decrease in immune system hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity result from a serious allergic reaction. Such reaction can lead to cardiac shock. As a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom boosts the immune system when needed and reduce it when it is hypersensitive.
3. An effective antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. As an example, Chaga extracts work well against viruses since they inhibit replication of HIV 1 and stop Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts are effective in cutting infection due to Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the procedure that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), a necessary element of fighting infection. A cupful of Chaga tea is crucial in eliminating the bacteria that could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation from the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Be aware that, low antioxidant levels can cause inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the consequences of enzymes that be a part of inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play a crucial role in neutralising free radicles in the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has the highest quantity of antioxidant potency as compared to any other food. The top levels of antioxidants are caused by our prime level of polyphenols inside the Agaricus Blazei Extract. Besides, our prime quantities of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive effects of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, lessen the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – One of many reasons for ulcers is bacteria. As being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria that triggers ulcers within the digestive system reducing odds of ulcers. Besides, the extracts from the mushroom are essential in reducing inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cup of Chaga tea or a glass of warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder half an hour before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration in the blood throughout an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides boost the glycogen content of muscles and the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that plays a part in fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous thrombus – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots inside the veins; an ailment called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it might lead to diseases such as cardiac arrest and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the whole process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the risks of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is important in soothing arteries when in irritation. Such property is necessary in cases of pain or conditions like neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood sugar level by increasing levels of insulin inside the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to transform sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of the reasons for insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance contributes to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the risk of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decrease that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus decreasing the surges in blood glucose, which would otherwise result in diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure and levels of cholesterol – Betulinic acid can break down the reduced-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol inside the blood, while other extracts increase the volume of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol within the liver. By eliminating bad cholesterol from blood vessels, as well as eliminating clots through the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a wholesome blood pressure level.
11. Skin health – The massive quantities of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, ensure it is a great skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is a part of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin affords the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, enhances the skin’s health, making it supple and protecting your skin layer from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it for the skin is effective.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is an excellent way to obtain dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the creation of bile, an essential salt inside the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder 3 times each day, half an hour before food decbbe required for a proper gastrointestinal system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of the toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving feeling of stress – Chaga extracts are crucial in balancing hormones in your body. In case of stress, your body releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the sense of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of these hormones, balances the functioning from the body, hence enables one to cope with stress. Being a well known adaptogen, Tongkat Ali Extract, assist to stabilise, restore and protect the body. It can so by improving the body respond to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance in the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the degree of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the degrees of acetylcholine improves the cognitive performance of your individual.