“Should I really need a Facebook Page? Isn’t my Personal Profile (friends page) sufficient?” These are questions that I get asked a great deal as being a social media marketing strategist. First of all, let’s make clear what is intended by each of these conditions:
Personal User profile – Profiles signify people and must take place under someone title. This really is your “house base” for Facebook – the organization which includes Buddies, LIKEs things, joins groups, and much more.
Facebook Page – allow a business, business, celeb, or music group to keep a specialist presence on Facebook.
My personal opinion with this is different with time and I must say it really depends upon a number of factors. Every person will not need to have a Facebook Web page. The subsequent questions can help you determine.
1. Do you wish to be discovered by the Search Engines? Facebook pages get lots of “Google liquid.” This can be important if somebody is searching for you or for one of the specific key word words that you will be attempting to position for. Even though somebody is not part of Facebook, your Facebook Web page can be viewed by anyone – not too for a Personal Profile. Often, a Facebook Web page will rank higher than your site.
2. That is your target market? Keep in mind when “friends” had been individuals who you actually realized? Are all your possible and present clients people who you really know? If you only do business with people you have individually met, then perhaps you don’t require one. Nevertheless, if you want to connect with people who you haven’t really met face-to-face – or don’t look at a buddy – a page is really a much better method of doing that.
Facebook is clear when you problem a pal request which you really need to know the individual. How many individuals will never ever reach out to you given that they might not exactly have fulfilled you or they might not really feel like you are a buddy – even in the social media marketing sense of the phrase?
3. Exactly how much publishing about your business are you currently intending to do? Through the years, We have spoken with a number of people who have really experienced their personal accounts turn off by Facebook since they had been using it to promote a company. The “Facebook slap” or shutdown appears to happen much more if the company being promoted is actually a physical company.
I do believe that the outlines blur for experts, audio speakers, lawyers as well as others that are inside the “believed business.” It would appear that Facebook is a lot more easygoing with that kind of advertising, training and revealing. However, because the old Donny and Marie track used to remind us, you have to be “Slightly Country, A Little Bit Rock and Roll.”
4. Do you want to be able to customize and make a mini-website? Facebook apps for Pages have grown to be so flexible and effective that you could create small-websites inside Facebook – not for personal user profiles. You can add customized landing pages (Delightful) with video clips, e-mail optin boxes, blog rss feeds and more.
5. Do you really want to blend business and personal? For most of us, it is great to help keep these individual. Personal friends don’t constantly want to learn about your business and the other way around. Consider your Personal User profile as the House along with your Page when your Workplace. You wouldn’t post photos of your own vacation all over your workplace. Similarly, most people don’t get their company papers distributed throughout the house. Separation could be a good thing.
These initial few questions might lead you to think, Indeed!, I want a Facebook Web page. However, this is actually the important concern you have to ask prior to launching one.
How much time and energy have you been ready to placed into a Facebook Web page? A Facebook Web page takes a lot of work to get interaction and engagement. As a result of way the Facebook “Edgerank” algorithm criteria works, individuals frequently don’t see any articles one does from your Page. It is possible to generally get a lot more connection on the Personal Profile.
Lots of people essentially abandon their Pages right after spending considerable time and energy to obtain them set up. One option is to hire someone who will frequently post your content in your Page allowing you to have a consistent existence. Then, all you want do is always to go to the web page often and interact with those who discuss your site content.
My recommendation for many business people: Indeed, one does require a Company Page. Even though all you do is placed it up and create a article that says, “I am hoping this page provides some important information about my company. I kssiiw the majority of my Facebook time in my Personal User profile. Please send me a message there at (Web address for Facebook User Name).”
Another significant decision to take into consideration when switching to a web page is whether or not you ought to simply convert your Personal Profile to your company Web page. Facebook now enables you to do that. Be forewarned that it is not for your faint of cardiovascular system. There are numerous significant problems that must definitely be regarded as before you do that. Look at the Facebook Assist section to learn more about this.